Refugee School Impact
About Refugee School Impact Ι 732-357-0590 Ι email@example.com
I-RISE works with school-aged clients and their families to ensure students are enrolled in school in a timely fashion; they have access to academic support outside of the classroom (after school tutoring) as needed; encourages parents to be engaged in their children’s education (parent orientation); and educates school personnel to be culturally sensitive to clients’ needs. As a result, RSI provides services that improve refugee students’ academic performance, improve their English language acquisition, engage parent participation in school activities, and ensure that school staff is aware of their culture and beliefs (advocating for prayer time, for example).
- Registration of your school aged children.
- Advocating for your children in the school environment: Individualized Education Plan meetings, behavioral and/or academic meetings, teacher/parent conferences
- Coordinating Tutoring sessions
- Assisting with after school or summer programs
- Connecting you with a daycare provider if you meet the requirements
Eligibility: You MUST be an established I-RISE client before you can utilize Refugee School Impact. Please call 732-357-0590 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What You Need for School Registration
- Parent proof of identity: Drivers License, Passport, other identification with photo issued by the state
- Lease or Affidavit of Residency
- 3 types of proof of residency with parent name and address (including, but not limited to utility bill, phone bill, benefits letter)
- Child’s birth certificate, passport or I-94
- Vaccination card and physical examination
The School Impact Team will assist you in the registration process. Please be available to answer some questions regarding your child’s social, developmental, language and health status. Schools’ requirements may vary by district. The team will inform you of any additional forms or information needed.
Physicals are scheduled by our medical coordinator.
School Impact Tutors Needed!
The Refugee School Impact Team works with all families who have school aged children, assisting with everything from registration, to advocacy, tutoring and more.
We have been busy enrolling dozens of students in schools throughout New Jersey.
The School Impact team is always looking for volunteer tutors in Math, Science, and ESL for school aged children. Requires 1 to 2 day commitment during the hours 4-6pm. Perfect for high school students or adults (background check required). Fluency in Ukrainian, Pashto, Dari, Haitian Creole, or Spanish helpful but not required. Please contact Princess@interfaithrise.org to get involved!