About Preferred Communities Ι 732-357-0590 Ι firstname.lastname@example.org
Preferred Communities (PC), provides intensive case management to refugees and other qualifying immigrant groups who need additional support. At Interfaith-RISE, we specialize in medical case management to help refugees move towards stability and self-sufficiency with individualized, comprehensive case management services for up to one year.
The Preferred Communities (PC) program supports refugee populations with challenging needs that require special attention, including those with serious medical conditions, women at risk, and elderly refugees.
The majority of refugees find themselves well on the path to economic independence after enrolling in employment programs. However, the U.S. Refugee Resettlement Program also resettles a number of extremely vulnerable individuals who need additional assistance to successfully integrate. For these individuals, the Preferred Communities program offers intensive case management to overcome barriers as they acclimate to life in the U.S. and learn to manage the difficulties they face on their own.
Participating in the Program
The program provides critical interventions and services for refugees and other qualifying immigrants with special needs who have arrived within the past five years.
Through Preferred Communities, ORR (Office of Refugee Resettlement) helps vulnerable populations such as:
- Those experiencing psychological conditions, including emotional trauma resulting from war and other violence
- Young adults without parents or permanent guardians who have been displaced for extended periods of time
- Older adults without a family support system
- Those with physical disabilities or medical conditions
- Long-term case management
- Health and medical interventions
- Mental health interventions
- Social adjustment services
Eligibility: You MUST be an established I-RISE client before you can be assessed by Preferred Communities. Please call 732-357-0590 or email email@example.com